Technical Training Design and Delivery Course
Does the company you work for need to provide technical training to ensure optimal performance and productivity from the products you sell? If so, the quality of the training needs to match the quality of the products or services themselves.
Users of professional technical products often need training in order to operate equipment correctly and obtain the best performance and productivity. All too frequently the trainer is a technical expert who has little or no formal training in how to train others and they are also expected to create training material with little or no instructional design training or experience.
This CPD accredited course is designed for all trainers and will introduce and practice the concept of course design combined with training delivery.
Typical Course Structure
- Online pre-assessment.
- 90 minute introductory webinar held at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the workshop.
- Workshop pre-work.
- 2 or 2.5 day classroom workshop; varies based on number of participants.
- Course follow up.
The course is highly practical and aims to improve the way a trainer designs, structures and delivers a technical training course. After attending the introductory webinar each participant will be asked to create a training session to deliver on the first morning of the classroom workshop. Throughout the workshop the participants will learn and apply instructional design and training delivery skills, improving the initial training session and redelivering it in the final session to demonstrate improvement.
The course has a pre and post-assessment and each training session will be videoed and assessed with feedback provided, giving the participant opportunity to review and develop as well as providing a measureable record of course achievement.
Who is it for?
Anyone who needs to create technical training material and conduct technical product training.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to apply instructional design and training delivery skills to improve your training delivery and will be able to:
- Discuss the difference between training and presenting.
- Conduct a trainee and course needs analysis.
- Identify and write measurable course objectives.
- Create an assessment to measure course objective achievement.
- Describe and provide examples of learning styles.
- Incorporate learning styles into course content and presentation.
- Create an appropriate activity/assignment for a course.
- Create a course outline.
- Create a course agenda.
- Create or select appropriate course content.
- Create or modify a PowerPoint presentation so it is visually effective.
- Discuss and implement the expectations of professional training.
- Discuss and implement strategies for classroom management, including your own communication style.
- Implement best practices for public speaking and professional presentations.
Course Achievement and Feedback
Formal course achievement is split into two areas; technical training course design and technical training skills delivery. Both are assessed by Blended Technical Training Services during the course and graded:
|Level 0||Level 1||Level 2|
|Course Design||≤ 50%||51 – 74%||≥ 75%|
|Training skills||≤ 50%||51 – 74%||≥ 75%|
- Level 0: Significant improvement required.
- Level 1: Supervision and guidance recommended.
- Level 2: Demonstrated competence during the course.
Videos of both training sessions will be provided and feedback from the second session provided in the form of a report, providing guidance and suggestions on how to work towards attaining improved training and/or course design skills or maintaining existing skills.
The course is CPD Accredited (http://www.cpdstandards.com). Attendance can be used towards 24 of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
Typical Course Costs and Workshop Locations
- For 4 to 6 participants from one client at client’s location: £2,500 plus trainer’s expenses and subject to standard terms and conditions.
- For 4 to 6 participants from different clients at a client’s location: £600 per participant, subject to standard terms and conditions.
- For 4 to 6 participants from different clients at a conference facility: £700 per participant, subject to standard terms and conditions.
The course works best with 4-6 attendees due to the participant interaction and evaluation required.